Karen @ Karen’s Books and Chocolate has decided to host the Back to the Classics Challenge again next year! You can find her announcement post, with the newest round of categories, here.
I am planning to read all women authors for this challenge, to fit into the theme of this blog:
19th Century Classic: Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell (1848).
20th Century Classic. Any classic book originally published between 1900 and 1969: Excellent Women by Barbara Pym (Read 1/30/19)
3. Classic by a Female Author.
4. Classic in Translation.
Classic Comedy: The Bachelor by Stella Gibbons. Gibbons is known for her wry, satirical writing, and The Bachelor definitely contained elements of comedy, caricature and humor. Read January 7, 2019.
6. Classic Tragedy.
7. Very Long Classic (over 500 pages).
Classic Novella. Any work of narrative fiction shorter than 250 pages: Our Spoons Came From Woolworths by Barbara Comyns (198 pages), Read January 19, 2019.
9. Classic From the Americas (includes the Caribbean).
Classic From Africa, Asia, or Oceania (includes Australia): Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsey, Read January 24, 2019.
11. Classic From a Place You’ve Lived. Read locally! Any classic set in a city, county, state or country in which you’ve lived:
12. Classic Play. Any play written or performed at least 50 years ago.