Karen @ Karen’s Books and Chocolate has decided to host the Back to the Classics Challenge again next year! You can find her announcement post, with the newest round of categories, here.
I am planning to read all women authors for this challenge, to fit into the theme of this blog:
1. 19th Century Classic. Any classic book originally published between 1800 and 1899.
2. 20th Century Classic. Any classic book originally published between 1900 and 1969:
3. Classic by a Female Author.
4. Classic in Translation.
Classic Comedy: The Bachelor by Stella Gibbons. Gibbons is known for her wry, satirical writing, and The Bachelor definitely contained elements of comedy, caricature and humor. Read January 7, 2019.
6. Classic Tragedy.
7. Very Long Classic (over 500 pages).
8. Classic Novella. Any work of narrative fiction shorter than 250 pages: I don’t read shorter works, so I’m going to have to look around for something for this one.
9. Classic From the Americas (includes the Caribbean).
10. Classic From Africa, Asia, or Oceania (includes Australia).
11. Classic From a Place You’ve Lived. Read locally! Any classic set in a city, county, state or country in which you’ve lived:
12. Classic Play. Any play written or performed at least 50 years ago.